This course provides information on asbestos, including how to protect yourself and others from asbestos exposure. Completion of this course does not in any way enable you to work with asbestos containing materials (ACMs).
On successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- understand what asbestos is
- outline the health effects of exposure to asbestos
- recognise potential asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in the workplace
- outline the steps to take to protect yourself from exposure to asbestos.
The course consists of 7 parts:
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: Understanding Asbestos
- Part 3: The Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure
- Part 4: Recognising Asbestos in the Workplace
- Part 5: Protecting yourself from Asbestos Exposure
- Part 6: Assessment
- Part 7: Summary
Course duration: 30 minutes
Note: You can stop the course at any time and come back to it at a later stage, taking up where you left off.
Course setup: This course requires a computer/device which is connected to the Internet and is running a web browser. For optimal user experience, this course runs best in Chrome. It contains audio so you will need to use headphones or speakers plugged into your computer/device to listen to it.